Importance of Infection Control in Aesthetics
Infection control techniques should be an important aspect of every aesthetic related business. It is important to closely follow these practices in every service you are offering to your clients to ensure the overall health and wellbeing of your clients and yourself. Following a good routine in terms of hygiene and infection control, will prevent you from having fines by the health departments or possible lawsuits. Having the appropriate infection control techniques your business will also help you and your aesthetic business to develop a good reputation for clean and hygienic facilities.
Good reputation and positive word of mouth of proper hygiene is key in having a successful and reputable business. Even though the established methods and protocols for infection control are widely practiced, you should not overlook them, these are crucial in keeping you, your fellow workers, your clients, and the public healthy. By overlooking steps that may not seem pertinent, you are putting many people, including yourself, at risk. This can lead to even bigger consequences such as legal trouble, permanent damage, and even the possibility of business closure.
A good way to ensure the highest standards in the aesthetic industry and to implement it in your clinic is to get accredited through an Infection Control and Prevention Training course. One of the best options is to get a certification offered by the ASU. Now more than ever, infection control practice is so important for everybody.
ASU offers certification and accreditation in Infection Control and Prevention. In this course, you will learn all the necessary information in protecting yourself and others from dangerous infections, so you can ultimately control and prevent them from occurring. This training is so important and is often required in many businesses and states.
Some Practices You Should Be Aware of Include:
- Clean all your tools with hot water and soap before disinfecting them
- When it comes to purchasing disinfectants, only choose products that are approved by EPA and that kill Polio and tuberculosis, which are some of the most resistant infectious diseases.
- Before disinfecting, make sure you read the directions on your product and follow the instructions for better results.
- Never reuse single-use items, instead, throw them after every use.
- Never do double-dip when waxing
- Sanitize your hands before every contact with the client
- To remove latex gloves, turn them inside out and dispose of them appropriately
- Remember to clean and disinfect your work surfaces at the end of the day, but also before a new client comes in.
- There are many more useful techniques that are covered in the course.
Where Can Infections Occur In Aesthetic Services?
Infection can occur everywhere, especially when proper infection control standards are not followed closely. Some examples of common services or practices that can result in infection if not taking precautions include:
- Permanent makeup
- Invasive facial treatments
- Needleless injections
- Failure to follow aftercare
- Injections (filler, Botox, fat dissolved, etc.)
- Nail treatments
- Lash procedures
- Hair treatments
- And many many more